We are finishing up our third week of school and I hope your family is starting to settle into this new routine. Our students have settled in nicely and as you can see by out twitter feed on our website lots is happening this year! Students are engaged, excited and learning right along with their teachers! We are so excited about the work we are doing this year and hope you are too. As always if you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me, my door is always open.
Kelli Smith, FSE Principal
First Lego League is Coming to FSE
If your children are interested in participating in this awesome opportunity please see these links.
- First Lego League Team 4-6
- Robotics K-3
- We are so excited to introduce a dynamic, STEM LEGO Engineering Club for the children of Flagstone Elementary School.Students in K though 3rd, the Early Engineers LEGO Club, will explore STEM through engaging hands on projects while learning robotics using the LEGO WeDo Robots.Students in 4th through 6th will learn how to build, program and design the LEGO EV3 robots and have the opportunity to compete on a Flagstone Elementary FIRST LEGO League (FLL) robotics team.These STEM after school clubs generate a world of curiosity within the minds of the children and truly leave lasting impressions filled with inspiration! Space is limited. Registrations for the Flagstone LEGO STEM After School Clubs will take place at a Parent Informational Meeting on , right after school. Plan to come and see these terrific little robots for yourself!
Morning Drop Off
The week we have consistently had 30-40 students waiting outside our front door without adult supervision as early as 8:40. Please make sure that students are not dropped off prior to 8:55, a good rule is to plan on dropping them off by 9am. Please help us by following this rule and ensuring the safety of our students. Let me know if you have questions.
FSE Expedition is Coming!
A blast was sent home Wednesday night with all the specific around this event. Please mark your calendars for September 16th!
Letter from Our School Nurse
We have had reports of Hand Foot and Mouth Disease in your school.
Please review the attached information about this condition to help decrease further spread of illness and keep students and staff healthy at school.
Infectious diseases can be spread in a variety of ways, please follow these recommendations:
● Wash your hands. Thorough and frequent handwashing is a proven & effective way to prevent many common infections. Use alcohol based hand sanitizers if soap and water are not available.
● Contain your coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. To avoid contaminating your hands, cough or sneeze into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow.
● Stay home when you are sick. Stay home for at least 24 hours after fever is gone (without medication!!) to lessen the chance of infecting others. Pleaser refer to student and staff attendance guidelines also attached to this email.
If you have further questions, please contact your health care provider or your school nurse consultant ( contacted listed below)
Thank you for collaborating and working together to keep all students safe and healthy!
Beth Mackin RN, BSN
We are in the middle of the season for crazy weather in Colorado. Please be prepared by reading our inclement weather procedures on this page. Should we have a delayed dismissal it is important that you know how we are keeping your children safe. If you have any questions please let us know!
Mylan doubling the eligibility for patient assistance, effectively eliminating out-of-pocket expense for uninsured and under-insured patients
Company to cover up to $300 of out-of-pocket cost at pharmacy; reducing patient cost by 50% off Mylan list price
Mylan also to open pathway to provide EpiPen® Auto-Injector directly to patients
-08-25-Mylan-Taking-Immediate- Action-to-Further-Enhance-Acce ss-to-EpiPen-Epinephrine-Injec tion-USP-Auto-Injector
- Please get your orders in by August 31st!
Lunch Opt Out Form
- Students are allowed to get seconds at lunch and that is deducted from their lunch account. If you do not want your child to get seconds please make sure to fill out this opt out form. Opt out from for students getting seconds or snack at lunch. We will also start selling snacks (ala cart) after lunch beginning September 5th. If do not want your child to spend from their account on this please also fill out the above from. If you have questions regarding this please email our cafeteria manager, Reva at: email@example.com
Halloween Costumes at School
Please give us your feedback. See this survey.