November 7th and 9th Conferences--See info below
November 8th--NO SCHOOL Staff Development Day
November 14th Book Fair Week
November 15th 4:15 pm in gym Spelling Bee written portion
November 16th Thanksgiving lunch at school. See below for info
November 18th Donuts for Dads
November 23rd-25th Thanksgiving Break
- SAFETY CONCERN
- Please make sure to abide by our crossing guards signs and rules. We have had several cars run through the intersection while the crossing guard is out in the street, putting our students and staff in harms way. If you are turning right you still need to wait until everyone is out of the cross walk. We have had several parents texting when they are driving, causing last minute emergency stops. Our local law enforcement checks in daily and will be following up. Please help us keep our students and staff safe.
- Conference Night Dinner sign up for Staff
- Thanksgiving Lunch
- On November 16th during your child's lunch a thanksgiving themed lunch will be served. The charge for the meal is 4 dollars, enrolled students will use their lunch accounts, adults and non-school aged children will need to pay for the meal if they are eating with the student. Please sign up on the following link by Wednesday, November 9th (Please click here to register/pay) if you will be eating.
- Upcoming Castle Rock Parenting Classes
- BOOK Fair
- The Scholastic Fall Book Fair will be arriving soon. The fair opens on , and runs through . We are looking for parents, grandparents, or high school students to assist with this event. Volunteers are needed to help with set up and decorating (), running a cash register, helping students complete a wish list, assisting students in shopping along with restocking product. Please consider joining us - the link to the sign up is below. Contact Debbie Petrillo (debbie.petrillo@dcsdk12) with any questions. All profit from this event benefits Flagstone's library. We're looking forward to seeing you there! https://volunteer.scholastic.
- Veterans DayThis year we will be celebrating Veterans Day on Friday, November 11 during our weekly Friday afternoon assembly. As a special way to honor our veterans, the student council would like to create a slideshow of veterans related to FSE students. You may send photos electronically to Radford or send in a copy by November 9. Please label the photo with the veteran’s name, branch of service, and years of service. If you sent in pictures last year, your family's photos will be included in the slideshow automatically (unless you notify Radford otherwise).
- Student Council:Our November Student Council meeting will be, , at . There is also a Junior Recess Coach meeting at this time. Student Council will meet in the tech/video lab and Junior Recess Coaches will be in the Learning Commons. Please encourage your student to wear their Student Council shirt .Remaining Student Council Meetings
- Check out this document that teachers put together to help parents know how they communication and some things they should know at this time of the year. If you have questions regarding any of this please ask your child's teacher.
LEAP season starts on November 1st. LEAP is the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program to help low-income families pay the costs of heating bills November - March. I have attached some information about LEAP. Families can get LEAP applications from Human Services starting on November 1st.LEAP Link
FSE Twitter Happenings