1-12-17 FSE Thursday BlastDear FSE Families,
I hope all of you are doing well and getting a back in the the swing of your schedules after the holidays! We are definitely back in the swing of things at FSE and loving our time with your kids! This week we were able to bring out our virtual google glasses again to go on some virtual expeditions to Mt. Everest and the North and South Pole, both places our guest adventurer that is visiting us next week trekked to. Students are working on crafting questions to ask that are thoughtful and as experienced based as we can get!
Another upcoming event that we are working on is a Kindness Campaign that we are planning on rolling out around February. As a staff we are finding it more important then ever to teach our students what kindness looks like inside and outside our school. As we are planning for this campaign I ran across this wonderful article that I wanted to share with everyone, it struck a cord with me as a parent and as an educator. My take away, kids are watching even when we don't think they are! So important in this digital age where it is easy to hide behind a computer and cast judgement. Be kind, and model this kindness. If you are interested in helping with this campaign please let me know!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Kelli Smith, FSE Principal
Check us out by searching #oneflagstone on twitter
- Friday, January 13th: No School: Teacher Professional Development Day
- Monday, January 16th: No School
- Wednesday, January 18th: Colin O'Brady Assembly 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 18th: 6 p.m., 5th Grade Outdoor Ed Information Meeting
- Wednesday, January 18th: 7 p.m. PTO Meeting in the Learning Commons
- Friday, January 20th: 3:30 p.m. Jump Rope for Heart Kickoff
- January 23rd-27th DCHS Wish Week
- Crossing Guard Needed: We are in need of a crossing guard at the corner of Michelson and Mitchell before and after school. The hours would be 8:30 to 9:15 and 3:40 to 4:20. If you are interested please call the office at 303-387-5225.
- Please fill out our enrollment confirmation survey to help us in planning staffing for next year. Please fill out for your current 6th grader too. Thank you! Please use this link to fill our your enrollment confirmation for next school year.
- Opt In to Receive Text MessagesBe sure your info is current by logging on to Parent Portal and updating your contact preferences. Make sure Text (SMS) is checked for any phone number/message type that you want to receive texts for. Opt in your phone number with School Messenger. Text ‘Y’ to 68453
- Broken Traffic Sign on Lovington: The city had been notified and is working to fix the sign that was blown over in the wind this week. We do not have an estimate as to when it will be fixed, hopefully soon! Please remind your children to stay away from the sign so they don't get hurt. We will keep you posted.
- Book Fair Success!!--Please read from Scholastic: Your Book Fair Chair Debbie does an outstanding job keeping your kids excited and engaged in the fair. Here at Scholastic we like to measure success not by Dollars and Cents, but by Books and Reading minutes; your book fair is truly a one-of-a-kind literacy event. Based on your most recent book fair; your school community walked away with approximately 2,644 books, which equates to 475,920 independent reading minutes. These are numbers that should be celebrated and shared with your families and staff! Shout out to everyone that supported the FSE Book Fair!
- Spirit Wear:
- Student Council is excited to announce that FSE will be participating in the DCHS 2017 Wish Week!Wish Week is a community wide fundraiser where the Douglas County community partners with the Make-a-Wish foundation to grant the wish of a child with a terminal illness. This year Flagstone will be helping Douglas County High School to sponsor a 13 year-old boy named Cory. His wish is to go to Disney World! As a Douglas County Feeder, we are striving to pass our goal of $40,000 with the help of Castle Rock businesses and other DCHS feeder schools.
Throughout the week Student Council has planned different spirit days to help Cory get to Disney World!
Penny Wars!Classes are encouraged to bring in their loose change/coins.
-Everyone wear red! Red is Cory’s favorite color!From DCHS students will lead an assembly for students.Penny Wars continues!
-Students are encouraged to donate a dollar to wear a hat all dayPenny Wars continues!
Thursday-Students are encouraged to wear basketball/football shirts(Cory’s favorite teams are the Broncos and the Lakers).Penny Wars continues!
-Disney World Day! Students are encouraged to dress as their favorite Disney character or wear Disney attire.
Last day for Penny Wars!
- Lets Make Music with Miss Gallo!--Click here to see how!
- Canvas and Cookies with Miss Miller!--Click her for more info!
- FSE Sticky Fingers Cooking Class--Click here to register for the next session