Cancellation: Our FSAC Meeting that was scheduled for tomorrow, Feb. 3rd will be rescheduled. We have members that can't make it due to illness. The rescheduled date will be 8am on Feb 16th.
- Friday, Feb. 3rd 3:30 Kindness Week Launches
- Monday, Feb 6th 8:55 am Kindness at Kiss and Go and Front Entrance
- Friday, Feb 10th: Peace, Love and Kindness Day: Dress Up like Hippy:
- Thursday, Feb. 16th: Crazy for Kindness Day: Dress up in Crazy Clothes
- Friday, Feb 17th NO SCHOOL: Professional Development Day for Teachers
- Friday, Feb 24th: Dream of Kindness: Dress up in PJs for the day
Kindness Week Launches THIS Friday! Please see the below events so you can talk with your children about this important campaign. I would like to give a shout out to Mrs. Duelm's fifth grade class for coming to to me with this idea and working hard to plan an wonderful three weeks for our school. Check out these hard working kids below!
Friday, Feb 3rd at 3:30 Mrs. Duelm's class will kick off our kindness month at our weekly spirit assembly.
Monday, Feb 6th Our staff along with Duelm's class will greet all students coming to school that morning in Tutu's or ties or both with these slogans, "You can't be tutu kind." and "Get tied up in kindness." This will kick off a week of teaching about what it looks like to be kind in our community (school, home, neighborhood) each class will use the resources provided on the random acts of kindness website to discuss this topic each day in their class in morning circle. We will have daily announcements around kindness and staff will be passing out hearts to kids that are caught being kind. Teachers are also passing out cards with kindness challenges on them to studetns and they are competing to see who has the most acts of kindness during this time. This first week will end with students dressing up in hippie clothes to remind us all that it is about Peace, Love and Kindness.(Feb 10th)
The week of Feb 13th all the above activities will occur but we will focus on being kind on social media and teach what this means in our community circle time. We will end the week on Thursday Feb 16th with kids dressing up in crazy clothes to remind us that we are all Crazy for Kindness.
The week of Feb 20th all the above activities will occur and we will teach what it means to be kind to your self. Teaching things like growth mindset and positive self talk (much of what they heard Colin O'Brady speak about during is journey). We will end the week with dressing up in PJ's for the day on Feb 24th to remind us to Dream of Kindness.
When you see random acts of kindness this week please email them to me or post to twitter with the #FSErocksKINDNESS
- Please be aware of this dangerous practice happening on social media with students. Click here for article.
- Please fill out your intent to return to Flagstone here: Please use this link to fill our your enrollment confirmation for next school year.
- Opt In to Receive Text Messages
- Be sure your info is current by logging on to Parent Portal and updating your contact preferences. Make sure Text (SMS) is checked for any phone number/message type that you want to receive texts for. Opt in your phone number with School Messenger. Text ‘Y’ to 68453
- Please help CRPD raise money for Special Olympics, see flier here.
FSE HappeningsWish Week! Thank you so much to our community for helping us raise almost $3,000 for the Make a Wish Foundation.